|4 strips chopped bacon|
|1 chopped onion||1 chopped celery stalk|
|2 minced cloves of garlic||3 small red-skinned potatoes, cubed (about 12 oz/375 g)|
|2 tbsp (30 mL) all purpose flour||1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt|
|1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper||1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock or vegetable stock|
|2 cups (500 mL) milk||1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels|
|2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley|
- Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain off fat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, flour, salt and pepper; stir until vegetables are coated.
- Stir in stock and reserved clam juice; bring to simmer. Cover and cook, stirring, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Add milk, corn and reserved clams; heat until bubbling and hot, 3 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley.