|12 x plum tomatoes, halved||8 slices of pancetta or 4 slices of bacon, (optional)|
|2 x onions, chopped||4 x garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 cup of olive oil||penne pasta or other type|
|Parmesan to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thinly slice the pancetta or bacon then toss with the tomatoes, onions, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss into a casserole dish and roast until the tomatoes shrivel and begin to brown a bit, about one hour. The pancetta or bacon will infuse the tomatoes with lots of flavour and the tomatoes will caramelize and become very tasty. You’ll know when it’s done because it will look awesome and smell wonderful!
- When you cook the pasta be sure to use lots of well-seasoned water. Taste it. It should be pleasingly briny and remind you of a day at the beach. Remember: as the pasta cooks it will absorb the seasoned water and in turn be properly seasoned. A pinch or two of salt is not enough!
- When the pasta is done don’t rinse it. The starches that would rinse away will help the tomatoes stick to the pasta.
- Toss the hot pasta with the hot sauce.