This is my personal recipe that I make the most out of everything that I have listed. This is better then any bottle of sauce... and I always double it and freeze some.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Large onion
8 large cloves of garlic (minced)
2 28-fl-oz/ 796 ml cans plum tomatoes
3 whole roasted red peppers (chopped)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Bay leaf
- Heat a large pot and add the oil. Saute the onion till golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir till coated in the oil. Don't let it burn or it will ruin the sauce.
- Add the plum tomatoes. Give a rough puree with an electric hand blender.
- Add the chopped roasted red peppers. Blend again. Add bay leaf. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the sauce starts getting thicker.
- Add the fresh basil. Remove from the heat. Remove bay leaf. Serve over pasta.
*If you like veggies in your spaghetti sauce, add green peppers, zucchini, broccoli, and cooked mushrooms (brown mushrooms in frying pan first so it doesn't thin out sauce). If you like meat, check out my famous meatball recipe!