My Famous Big Italian Meatballs
1/3 cup shallots finely chopped
1 tbs. garlic, minced
3 tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbs olive oil
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tbs. pepper
1/4 tbs. nutmeg
2 lbs beef
- Combine first 10 ingredients in blender and puree.
- Place meat in large bowl. Add the puree to the meat mixture and combine.
- Use spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out meatballs. Form each ball by rolling in ur hands until tight and solid. (Balls should be smaller then a tennis ball, larger then golf ball)
- Toss lightly in flour to coat.
- Brown in olive oil. When meatballs are browned, remove from stovetop. Place in oven and bake for 30 min. Add to your favourite sauce.
*** Try my italian spagetti sauce for this recipe...much better then canned***